Bluetooth Magnetic Credit Card / Driver's License
Reader and Transaction Receipt Printer
SETUP FOR POCKET PC 2003 HP/iPAQ6315
follow these Steps A to D for setting up your Pocket Spectrum Printer to
the Pocket PC. Then Step E to configure Pocket Merchant to work
with your Pocket Spectrum.
Retire the wire!
Turn on Bluetooth.
1. Tap the Wireless icon at the bottom right of the today screen.
2. If you see the iPAQ Wireless tutorial, tap the X to close.
3. If the Bluetooth icon is off (an x appears on the button), tap it.
After a brief period, the Bluetooth will turn on. The Settings and
Manager buttons will be enabled. The Bluetooth LED will also
begin to flash Blue.
Note: The Wireless icon is a new feature in the iPAQ6315. If you do not have this icon, please confirm that your device is an iPAQ6315 Pocket PC 2003 Premium Phone and that you have Microsoft Pocket PC Version 4.20.0 (Build 14133) or greater.
B: Reset your Pocket Spectrum.
Before you can pair the Pocket Spectrum with your PDA, the Pocket Spectrum should first be reset. To do this...
1. Turn off the Pocket Spectrum (if it is already on).
2. Press and Hold the ON button for at least 3 seconds.
3. When the paper starts advancing, release the ON button.
A diagnostic sheet will be printed.
4. After the print out completes, the printer' bluetooth memory is cleared and ready for pairing to your PDA.
NOTICE: If you are REINSTALLING a Pocket Spectrum, this will erase the existing pairing. You MUST delete the connection in your PDA before performing the next step.
Step C: Pair Pocket Spectrum with the iPAQ6315.
1. Tap the Manager button.
2. Tap New to start the Connection Wizard.
3. Turn on the Pocket Spectrum.
3. Scroll and Highlight Explore a Bluetooth Connection.
4. Tap Next.
5. After a few seconds the Spectrum Printer icon appears. Tap it.
6. Tap Next.
4. As services are being retrieved you will be asked to enter
the Authentication Passkey.
5. Upon successful pairing, Tap Serial Port under Service Selection.
6. When the Short Cuts Created appears, read the instructions.
7. Tap Finish.
The Bluetooth Manager shows a new icon in My Shortcuts.
Note: If step 5 does not complete, please make sure you have properly reset your Pocket Spectrum according to the instructions in Step B.
Determine your Outgoing Com Port.
Depending on how your Pocket PC is setup the port setting may be different than shown here. Once you know the Port being used as an Outgoing Connection, you can set this up in the Pocket Verifier Software (see Step E for details). To determine your Port...
1. Tap and Hold the Serial Port shortcut icon.
2. Select Connect.
3. Once connected, Tap X to close.
4. In Wireless window, tap Settings.
5. Tap Services tab.
6. Tap Serial Port under Services.
7. Tap Advanced...
8. Note the number for the Outbound COM Port (i.e., 7, 8, etc.).
9. If this is the only Serial Device you are going to use, uncheck
Default device for....
10. Tap ok to close the Settings window.
11. Tap ok to close the Wireless window and show Today screen.
NOTE: AT THIS POINT TURN THE CARD READER OFF, WAIT A MINUTE, THEN TURN IT BACK ON.
Step E: Setup Pocket Verifier
for Outgoing Com Port.
1. Open Pocket Verifier.
2. Log into your account.
3. Go to the Options screen.
4. Change Printer/Reader to Pocket Spectrum.
5. Tap Settings, then Port Settings.
6. Change Port Settings to 38400,N,8,1
7. Tap Ok.
8. Tap Settings, then Com Port.
9. Change Port Number to the Outbound COM Port determined in Step D above (i.e., 7, 8, etc.).
10. Tap Ok.
11. Tap Accept.
The iPAQ is now setup to work with the Pocket Verifier software and Pocket Spectrum!If you are on the sales screen when the Pocket Spectrum is off and you would like to read a card, turn on the printer, wait for the single beep and linefeed, then click on the blue Bluetooth icon at the top right of the screen. The icon will turn red briefly until communications are established. If you left the Default device for... box checked in Step D, Item 9, then the iPAQ Bluetooth Manager will appear asking you to select the appropriate shortcut. Once completed, the Pocket Verifier Bluetooth icon will turn blue and the Pocket Spectrum printer will then be initialized to read the card. You only need to do this if the printer turns off while on a screen with the Bluetooth icon.
Copyright © 2001 Advanced Merchant Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All artwork, logos, Pocket Verifier, PC Verifier, and MerchantAnywhere.com are trademarks of Advanced Merchant Solutions, Inc.